WWE Fastlane 2019 Preview


WWE Fastlane 2019
March 10, 2019
Quicken Loans Arena
Cleveland, OH

Pre-Show: The New Day (Big E and Xavier Woods) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura and Rusev -

Kind of your average throwaway Pre-Show match. Not a whole lot of build to this one. The only curious thing is that they announced that it will be Big E and Woods participating in the match. That said, I doubt anything major happens here.

Winnter: New Day

Pre-Show: Rey Mysterio vs. Andrade -

It's too bad that this match couldn't make it's way onto the main card. Mysterio and Andrade have great chemistry in the ring together. I'm going to be positive and hope that this may be leading to something bigger for this feud at Wrestlemania in a couple of weeks. Since it's on the pre-show and the pre-show basically means nothing, I'll say it'll be some kind of non finish as to not be a feud ender,

Winner: Andrade via interference

The Usos (c) vs. The Miz and Shane McMahon for the WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship -

I think that most people are suspecting a turn either during or more likely after the finish of the match. I kind of hope that it's Shane with the heel turn, but it will probably be the more obvious situation where The Miz turns after Shane takes the pin. While The Miz is definitely a much better heel, I'm actually kind of enjoying the change of pace with his character. Too bad that it'll be short lived just to set up a match with Shane McMahon at Mania.

Winner: The Usos via pinfall

The Revival (c) vs. Ricochet and Aleister Black vs. Bobby Roode and Chad Gable for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship - 

This should be a fun match. I've always enjoyed three way tag team matches in general. Ricochet and Aleister Black has been a fun new team even though I'm unsure of how long term it is. It kind of seems like the WWE's way of inserting them into the main roster without really having a plan for them. I could see them giving them the belts here, but I don't think that's what will happen. Most likely all three of these teams will be involved in some kind of multi team title match at Mania. With that said, I don't think there is a real reason for a title change here. Most likely it'll be Roode or Gable who will take the fall as to not pin either of the new guys yet.

Winner: The Revival via pinfall

The Boss 'n' Hug Connection (c) vs. Nia Jax and Tamina for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship - 

Although it wouldn't be unheard of for Sasha Banks to lose a championship in her first defense, given that this a new set of titles that they probably want to establish, I really don't see them making a change here. I hope not anyway.

Winner: The Boss 'n' Hug Connection via pinfall

Asuka (c) vs. Mandy Rose for the WWE Smackdown Women's Championship - 

I see this as kind of a filler match on a mostly filler show a few weeks before Mania. I can't see them taking the title off of Asuka at this time. Maybe the end of this match will lead to whatever match Asuka will be having at Wrestlemania since we really don't know what that'll be yet. 

Winner: Asuka via pinfall

Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair (If Becky Lynch wins she's inserted into the WWE Raw Women's Championship Match at Wrestlemania) - 

The finish to this should be fairly obvious. There's no way that after all this build that Becky is left out of that Wrestlemania match. How we get to the finish is a little less clear, but hopefully it'll be a clean finish. Could be a Rousey appearance at some point. Hopefully after the match just for a stare down with either Becky or both of them. 

Winner: Becky Lynch via pinfall

The Shield vs Baron Corbin, Drew McIntyre and Bobby Lashley - 

I have to say, I'm surprised that Roman is returning to the ring this soon. I expected him to maybe have to do a little training to get back into ring shape. Having him in six man tag is a good way to ease him back in though I guess. Also, I'm sure they want to get one last Shield match in before Ambrose leaves after Wrestlemania. Pretty obvious what will happen here. They will get all the big Shield spots in one last time. Roman will look strong. The Shield should dominate. I don't anticipate this being a very long one.

Winner: The Shield via pinfall


Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Kevin Owens - 

I really hope that this doesn't lead to Kevin Owens turning heel again. I'm really enjoying his every man babyface gimmick right now. It's possible that Kofi gets involved here, but I don't see how really. I can't see him costing Bryan the title nor can I see him costing Owens a win either. I think it'll either be a DQ finish or Bryan wins after interference. Most likely the interference will be Rowan, but I kind of hope that it's from a returning Sami Zayn who returns as a heel and costs Owens the title. That could set up a program for Owens going into Mania and open up Bryan for the match with Kofi that most people expect to happen. 

Winner: Either Owens by DQ or Bryan after interference

Conclusion -

Overall, while mostly a throwaway show, it could have some fun developments to build towards Wrestlemania. I mostly hope that Zayn returns to set up a match with Owens at Wrestlemania. I really want Owens to remain a babyface for now and this would be a logical way to get him out of the WWE Championship picture for Wrestlemania without hurting his character. Anyone want to discuss Fastlane be sure to either comment or tweet me @DevManeuver. Thanks for reading.


0 comments:

Post a Comment